Our furry pals cannot have a relaxed life if they have annoying pests like fleas around them. These parasites trouble cats and dogs like anything and create big health hazards in their life. They need proper treatment as well as prevention to make sure they do not bother the pet. Apart from making the pet untidy, these pests are the cause of various diseases in pets. One of the most availed flea treatments for dogs and cats is Frontline Plus, a Merial product.
Frontline Plus is a very popular flea control and prevention treatment for cats and dogs. An easy to apply topical spot-on treatment, it gives marvelous results in killing adult fleas and juvenile fleas within hours. The best part is that it destroys the newly formed fleas life stages within no time and thus prevents recurrence of fleas for one complete month. This way, it performs dual action of eliminating and preventing fleas and thus providing total protection against fleas.
Technical details of Frontline Plus:
Being a Merial product, it guarantees high manufacturing standards. It is developed by following international standards of product quality and safety. With more than 100 million units of Frontline Plus manufactured on a yearly basis, it is considered as the world’s leading flea and tick treatment for cats and dogs. Checked and verified for quality assurance, this flea treatment ensures wiping out pests while still keeping your pet safe.
Fipronil and S-methoprene are the active ingredients of Frontline Plus. Fipronil attacks the central nervous system of the parasites and kills them by paralyzing them. S-methoprene is an Insect Growth Regulator (IGR), which kills eggs and other immature forms of fleas and ticks. The topical treatment is applied at one of more spots on the pet’s body. It is then spreads across the skin by the pet’s body movement. It keeps on releasing from the pet’s hair follicles and destroys pests for a month.
How to apply Frontline Plus?
- It is selected as per the weight of the pet. As per the weight, you have to choose the packing.
- Part the fur between the shoulder blades of the pet. Empty the content of the pipette at this spot. If the pet is larger in size then apply at 3-4 spots across the backbone.
- Allow the site to be dry. Do not let the pet play with other pets until the area is completely dry.
- It is safe for 8 weeks and older puppies, breeding, pregnant and lactating dogs.
Precautions while using Frontline Plus:
- Frontline Plus for cats and dogs are separate. Do not interchange else it may prove fatal for the pet.
- Read the label and follow the instructions religiously.
- Do not overdose, give as per the weight of the pet.
- On observing adverse reactions, consult your vet at the earliest.
- Do not bathe your pet for at least 24 hours after applying the treatment.
- Maintain personal hygiene like sterilizing hands before and after the treatment.
There has been news about fleas becoming prone to Frontline treatments. This can be due to wrong application, heavily infested area, too much washing or bathing the pet etc. Make sure you consult your vet regarding this and follow his advice.
Debarring a few cases, Frontline Plus has proved to be excellent in combating flea infestation in dogs and cats. So, use it and check for yourself.