As you know, fleas and ticks are great threats for our canine companions. If you don’t get the better of them, these insects are capable of causing substantial damage to your pet’s health. Therefore, it is imperative that you keep your four-legged friend protected from these blood-sucking pests. And what do one has to do in order to safeguard their fur friends from them?
The simplest way to keep these parasites at bay is, get a quality antiparasitic treatment that treats and controls flea and tick infestations. And there are not many better products than Bravecto that can do this job. What is worth knowing, the brand Bravecto has an addition to its family, i.e. Bravecto 1-Month Chew.
This blog will display everything you need to know about this product. Read through to know more:
About Bravecto 1-Month Chew
Bravecto 1-Month Chew for dogs is a palatable, flavored formula that provides protection against a variety of external parasites in 8 weeks and older puppies and dogs, weighing 4.4lbs or more.
This monthly chewable enables you to give your puppies and dogs just the right amount of protection they need for optimum growth. Select an appropriate Bravecto 1-Month dosage for your dog, depending upon its weight and relax for a month.
[Also Read] When is Flea and Tick Season?
Composition & Mode of Action
- Bravecto 1-Month Chew is composed of active ingredient, fluralaner which belongs to isoxazoline class.
- Once administered, Bravecto obstructs the nervous system of parasites (fleas & ticks) causing neurological dysfunction and death in the end.
Benefits of Bravecto 1-Month Chew
- Easy to administer chewable formula
- Palatable flavor dogs love
- Eliminate fleas and prevent flea infestation
- Protects against various ticks ( black-legged ticks, American dog ticks, lone star ticks, and brown dog ticks)
- Offers 100% flea efficacy and more than 95% efficacy against ticks for one month
- Effective in puppies from as young as 8 weeks of age
Bravecto 1-Month Chew for dogs provides month-long protection against fleas. It is also indicated for the treatment and control of a variety of tick infestations.
- When administered as indicated, Bravecto 1-Month chew kills adult fleas. This monthly chew is recommended for the treatment and prevention of flea infestations.
- A laboratory study confirmed that Bravecto 1-Month chew starts killing fleas within four hours and achieves more than 95% flea-efficacy by 12 hours post treatment in 6 months and older puppies and dogs.
- This chewable formula provides 100% effectiveness against fleas in 8 weeks and older puppies and dogs.
- Bravecto 1-Month chew for dogs treats and controls tick infestation of various species including, black-legged ticks, American dog ticks, and brown dog ticks in 8 weeks and older puppies and dogs.
- It also treats and controls lone star tick infestations in 6 month and older puppies and dogs.
- Bravecto 1-Month chew is known to provide more than 95% effectiveness against brown dog ticks at 48 hours, post treatment.
- It has shown more than 90% effectiveness against lone star ticks within 48-72 hours after treatment in 6 months and older puppies and dogs.
Dosage & Administration
- There’s no specific period or season to start using Bravecto 1-Month chew on your dog. You may start using Bravecto 1-Month chew on your dog at any time of the year.
- Bravecto 1-Month Chew should be administered orally, once every month with minimum dosage of 4.5 mg/lb (10 mg/kg).
- Bravecto 1-Month chews should be given with food.
Here’s the dosage table below:
- For dogs over 88lbs, appropriate combination of Bravecto 1-Month chew should be administered.
Safety & Precautions
Bravecto 1-Month Chew comes with a wide safety margin. It is a good habit to practice safety and precautionary measures mentioned below to achieve the maximum benefits of this product:
- If your dog has a history of seizures or other neurologic illness, use Bravecto 1-Month Chew with caution.
- It is not effective against lone star ticks in dogs under 6 months of age.
- Avoid using in pregnant, breeding, and lactating dogs.
- Do not eat, drink, or smoke while handling this product.
- Wash hands thoroughly after using.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets to avoid accidental ingestion.
- Do not store above 86°F (30°C)
[Also Read] Most Common Dog Breeds Prone to Seizures
Bravecto 1-Month Chew FAQs
1. How does Bravecto kill parasites?
Once you administer Bravecto dose, it quickly gets distributed to the tissues including skin. When fleas and ticks take blood meal from your dog, they take a small quantity of fluralaner.
Fluralaner acts on the nervous system of fleas and ticks, causing the nervous system to collapse and kills them in the end. This activity continues for one month with one dose of Bravecto 1-Month Chew.
2. What does the Bravecto 1-Month Chew protect against?
Bravecto 1-Month Chew kills adult fleas and treats and prevents flea infestations. This monthly chewable also provides protection against four types of ticks including American dog ticks, brown dog ticks, black-legged ticks, and lone star ticks for one month.
3. How quickly will Bravecto 1-Month Chew kill parasites?
Bravecto 1-Month Chew starts killing fleas within four hours after administration. It is known to achieve more than 95% flea efficacy by 12 hours and more than 95% tick efficacy within 48 hours after treatment.
4. Is Bravecto 1-Month Chew safe for dogs?
Bravecto 1-Month Chew is safe to use on 8 weeks and older puppies and dogs, weighing 4.4lbs or more. Avoid using this in pregnant, breeding, and lactating dogs as the safety has not been evaluated in breeding, pregnant, and lactating dogs.
It is recommended to use Bravecto 1-Month chew with caution in dogs with a history of seizures or other neurologic disorders.
5. Is Bravecto 1-Month Chew helpful in preventing the transmission of tick-borne diseases?
Bravecto 1-Month Chew is a quick-action formula that eliminates ticks carrying illnesses like Lyme disease. Due to its rapid tick-killing ability, Bravecto 1-Month Chew minimizes the risk of tick-borne disease transmission.
It is also recommended to practice extensive tick control strategies including, checking your dog regularly for ticks and removing immediately if you find any; avoiding tick-prone areas; and vaccinations against tick-induced diseases.
6. What is the difference between Bravecto Chewables For Dogs and Bravecto 1-Month Chews?
There’s a significant difference in the composition of Bravecto chewables and Bravecto 1-Month Chews. The quantity of active component, fluralaner drastically varies in both these products and as a result, duration of protection also varies. Bravecto Chewables protect dogs against fleas and ticks for 3 months, whereas Bravecto 1-Month Chews protect dogs against fleas and ticks for one month.
Now, you are equipped with enough information you need before giving your dog with one of most reliable, safe and efficient flea and tick treatment, Bravecto. It is recommended to consult with a veterinarian before using this treatment on your dog.