Eye infections are frequently occurring conditions in dogs. However, being so confident that your pooch is safe from infections is not a healthy sign of being a responsible parent. Eye infection can occur anywhere at any time so better be at a safe side and aware of the signs of eye infections.
Some of the symptoms to look out for in your pets are:
Signs of Eye Infections in Pets
1. Pawing at the eyes
2. Rubbing eyes
3. Red or inflamed eyes
4. Cloudy eyes
5. Liquid discharge from the eyes
6. Avoiding light or squinting frequently
The causes that you should beware of and look out for so that your pooch may not get infected again are:
1. Bacterial invasion
4. Allergic reactions
5. Common irritants like pollen and dust particles
Various treatments are available that can treat eye infections in the dogs as well as various natural remedies too. First discussing about natural remedies we can use the following,
Treat Common Eye Problems in Dogs
1. Salt-water Solution: It is the most popular remedy that cures the eye infections and keeps the dog’s eyes safe. Splash a few drops of saline solution prepared for the pooch in their eyes and then wipe of any dirt or debris. Use a cotton ball to remove any dirt or discharge from the eyes.
2. Natural Supplements: Providing the pooch with proper vitamins and minerals ensures proper prevention of any infection. Food products containing Vitamins A and C are highly recommended for the dogs as they boost up the immune system and prevent eye infections.
3. Chamomile Tea: Making a tea and letting it rest for few minutes, then using the tea bags to soothe the dog’s eyes is a simple yet effective way of reducing the infection in eyes. Carrying this out few times a day until the infection is fully removed is helpful.
One of the most efficient and effective eye cleaning solution and prevention drops are Kyron Eye Wash that are suitable for dogs. It not only cleans the eyes but also gives a soothing effect. It treats conjunctivitis problem as well. It can be administered on dogs on a daily basis. It is a gentle eye wash with no irritants present and safe for puppies above 2 weeks of age.
Using various pet supplies to keep the dog’s eyes clean and cool is an effective way of preventing infections from recurring. Boost up the immune system of your pooch and ensure he eats healthy food with ample amount of water intake. Provide well-balanced diet, chemical-free substances and avoid other pollutants that are likely to become a cause for eye infection.