The world is currently in a precarious situation with the global pandemic going around. It has made life really difficult, not only for us, but also for our friendly four-legged buddies.
Taking care of them has been a bit difficult, especially the regular visits to the vet. But thanks to technology, we can have virtual vet consultations. But to make your virtual consultation a successful one, you will need to keep these valuable tips in mind.
10 Tips for A Successful Online Vet Consultation
Having a virtual vet consultation has perhaps become the new normal and here’s what you need to keep in mind to have a successful one-on-one with your pet’s vet.
- It is essential to treat your virtual vet visit as if you are actually visiting the vet and communicating with him or her, face to face.
- Make sure you have prepared before the meeting takes place. And this includes getting all the questions ready and all the concerns you’ve been wanting to get from the vet.
- Set up the meeting in such a place so that there would not be a disturbance or background noise. Make sure the surroundings are quiet and that your background is neat and tidy.
- The room where you are about to have your meeting with the vet, make sure it is well lit and ensure you avoid backlighting. For example, do not sit where there’s a window behind you because the light from outside could make it difficult for the vet to see you properly.
- Another thing to keep in mind is to test your video and audio call. You don’t have any issues during or just before you place the call. So, make sure you are testing it out.
- Click pictures of your pet and take videos of your pet’s behavior beforehand so that the vet can have better access of your pet.
- See to it that the videos aren’t too long. Approximately 30 to 45 seconds is more than enough. Also, see to it that the photos are clear and are not blurry.
- Before making the call, see that you have a decent network connection and that the speed is good enough. The last thing you want is, the video breaking up. It could be difficult for both parties. So, see to it that the network connection is a reliable one.
- Also, make sure the both of you have each other’s contact number so that in case there is any connection issues, you can have the consultation via a phone call.
- You know that the virtual consultations do have limitations and you might well have to visit the vet in person. So, keep that in mind.
So, these are the points that you need to keep in mind in order to have a successful virtual vet consultation. Besides, if you are looking for quality pet supplies, look no further than CanadaPetCare.