Maintaining the health of your family, including your animal family members, is a key priority. One of the most effective ways to keep your pet healthy and happy is to get the best parasite and heartworm preventative.
Simparica Trio and Heartgard Plus are two of the most effective products now available. While both formulas provide reliable and safe protection, there are several key differences that might help you decide which to use.
The chart and information that follows are specifically designed to assist you in making this key decision!
When deciding between Simparica Trio and Heartgard Plus, there are a few things to consider.
Let’s start by pointing out the numerous parallels between these two products:
- The fact that both treatments protect dogs against heartworms, roundworms, and hookworms is one of the most striking similarities.
- They both come in the form of a chewable, beef-flavored tablet, is given once a month.
- They’re also both safe for puppies to utilize.
- Simparica Trio can be given to puppies above 2.8 pounds and 8 weeks old, but Heartgard Plus can be given to puppies as young as 6 weeks old.
- Ivermectin and Pyrantel Pamoate are the active components in Heartgard Plus. This product is safe to use in dogs that are pregnant or breeding.
- Moxidectin, Pyrantel, and Saroloner are the three active constituents in Simparica Trio. These components act together to protect dogs from the parasites indicated above, as well as destroy fleas in their adult, larval, and egg stages. Ticks are also eliminated.
- Simparica Trio has not been shown to be safe for pregnant, lactating, or breeding dogs.
Takeaways from the Simparica Trio vs. Heartgard Plus matchup
If you’re still undecided about which of these treatments is best for your dog, thinking about the distinctions between them can assist.
Heartgard Plus Chewables
The safest option if you have a breeding dog, a pregnant dog, or a puppy between the age of 6 and 8 weeks.
Simparica TRIO Chewable Tablet
The clear victor if you’re looking for a broad-spectrum treatment that protects against fleas and ticks while also defending against internal parasites.
If your dog is already on a flea and tick preventative, your veterinarian may recommend using Heartgard Plus at the same time.
Bring up these treatments with your veterinarian, as well as any concerns you may have before you acquire your pet’s dosage. You may have more inquiries after conveniently filing your dog’s essentials at CanadaPetCare. Our customer service experts are here to help you with that! Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any doubt you’ve while purchasing products from us. Stay Safe, Stay Alert.
Happy Pet Parenting!