The day of love brings in warm feelings and much mushiness. Being a special time to celebrate the togetherness, Valentine’s Day is a time to create wonder and joy for your partner. This wonderful time can enthrall you without an iota of doubt but it may leave your pet in distress. Yes! Your little birdie, puppy, kitty or other pets may get disturbed with the celebration. How? Well, let us roll down to find a checklist of Valentine’s celebration stuff that may prove hazardous for the pet.
Valentine’s Stuff that is Hazardous for your Pet:
1. It’s the Lilies:
Yes those soulful white flowers are extremely toxic for cats. If you have a kitty at home then say no to lilies. Any portion of the flower can damage your pet’s health and may cause fatal kidney failure. Therefore, this Valentine’s keep those white petals away from your home.
2. Chocolates are a Big NO for the Pooch:
Those brown and white sweet things are venomous for your pooch. Be it any shape, size, color or taste, chocolates may put down your pet to illness. So, make sure your furry partner stays away from those lip-smacking choco things.
3. Sugar Free Foods are not for your Pets:
While you want to gorge on sugar free stuff, just keep them away from your pet. Xylitol, the artificial sweetener present in candies and cakes is poisonous for your dog. In worst cases, it can cause liver failure and so should be out of your pet’s reach.
4. Keep an Eye on the Candles:
The warm glow of candles not only kindles romance in you but it also attracts your pup and kitty to the hilt. They may just play with it and may get hurt in an attempt toss the burning light. Thus, a special warning is not to leave your pet alone in a candle lit place.
5. Throw off the Leftover Drinks:
The champagne and vine that adds to the celebration may bring your pet down with illness. ASPCA suggests that even a small amount of alcohol can cause vomiting, diarrhea, tremors, respiratory failure, coordination problems and more health issues in pets. So, do not leave those half glasses of drinks. Clean of the place if there is any spillage of drinks. Just protect Fido from that boozing effect.
This is not all. If your pet is sensitive to any of the celebrative stuff then make sure you avoid using it on the D-Day. Valentine’s is a special time so make it same for your pet too. Avoid what is not good for the pet and embrace what suits him the best. Just a few safety measures here and there and you will have a great time for your partner and your pet. Isn’t it?