The heat and humidity have made their way into our homes which brings the uncalled infestation of parasites like fleas and ticks. Pet parents are always in a search of efficient treatments that could save their pets from ticks and the diseases that they bring. In case of ticks, it is better to be proactive. Researchers have shown that Lyme disease can take your pooch down in just 12 hours after the infected tick comes in contact with your canine. So why not try to repel ticks and never let them around our pets rather that finding cures for this lethal disease?
Let’s have a look at some summer tick treatments to consider for your pets!
Tick repellant collars- The easiest way to shoo away ticks
Tick repellant collars are one of the most suitable tick treatments. With no fuss about administering tablets or mess of topical treatments, these collars can be the most comfortable tick prevention technique for your pooches. These collars constantly liberate the active ingredient in the canine’s body which may give a constant protection to your pooch from these nasty parasites. Let’s have a look at some efficient tick collars that may help your furry friends to have a tick free summer!
- Scalibor Tick Collar:
- Kills fleas and ticks
- Works efficiently for 6 months
- Waterproof and odorless
- One size that fits all
- Safe for dogs and puppies over 12 weeks of age
- 98% ticks are eliminated in 24 hours
- Bay-o-pet Killtix collar:
- Destroys fleas and ticks
- Provides a faster tick control that kills mostly all types of ticks
- Economical tick control
- It is safe for puppies over 3 weeks of age and older canines
- Has a tick repellent property
- This treatment lasts for 5 months
- Light weight and waterproof
Spot-on Treatments- The most preferred way to shoo away ticks
Spot-on treatments have ruled among all the different types of tick controls. Pet parents have always preferred topical treatments over other parasite controls. These treatments are available in color coded packs differentiated on the basis of the weight ranges. Topical solutions are mostly monthly treatments. They come in a number of doses and are filled in a pipette. You may just need to empty the pipette on your canine’s neck and few more spots if he is a large breed. This can be a better option if your furry friends are comfortable with spot-on preventives. Let’s have a look at some of the most famous tick preventive solutions!
- Frontline Plus
- It is the most famous and trusted tick treatment
- Kills all types of tick in 48 hours after application
- Safe for adult dogs and pups aging above 8 weeks
- Can prevent your pooch from flea allergy dermatitis, adult fleas and its juvenile stages
- Combats parasites for an entire month
- K9 Advantix
- Quick action spot-on
- Kills all types of ticks within 24 hours
- Fights fleas before they lay eggs
- Repels mosquitoes for 2-3 weeks
- Safe for 7 weeks old puppies and adult dogs
- Lethal for cats
Oral treatments- The rising tick treatment
Oral tablets and chews have not been in the market for a long time. Pet parents are getting used to these options gradually and these preventives are receiving a great response from them. You can definitely go with this option for your furry pal to have a change. If he is all fussy about the collars and topical solutions then this can be a savior for you. Let’s have a look at some efficient oral treatments that could relieve your pawed friends from ticks!
- Nexgard Chewables
- Advanced flea and tick control
- Tasteful chew with beef flavor
- Safe to administer along with a heartworm preventive
- Provides a month long protection
- Adult dogs and pups over 8 weeks of age and weight 4 pounds are safe to be treated with this chewable
- Perfect for pet parents that want to escape the mess of topical treatments
- Quick killing flea and tick treatment
- The most unique parasite preventive that works for 12 weeks
- Safe for pregnant and lactating females
- Destroys all types of ticks
- Pork flavored chew
In all, ticks are to be dealt proactively to keep your furry friends safe from the tick-borne diseases. These treatments are some of the most recommended tick preventives. Choose the most suitable one to keep your pooches free from ticks and have a tick free summer!